Saturday, March 25, 2006

CNN=Cat News Network?

In my continuing efforts to lobby for more cat-related television, I've noticed CNN has a nice section on their web site about pets.
Did you realize there are more pets than there are humans in the United States?

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2006/pets/

In one article, CNN notes that $36.3 billion was spent on the fur-enabled. As if that's a large sum, considering that estimate takes into account food, supplies, v-e-t visits, medicines, toys, services, and more. Imagine how much money is spent on the 300 million humans in the U.S.

Another human is quoted as saying, "Thirty years ago in the U.S., the average age of a dog was 4 years; the average age of a cat was 3 years."

This May, I'll be six. What are you planning to buy me for my birthday? I'm thinking $36.3 million would be a good start. I'll take one of everything from the cats section of Doctors Foster and Smith.

Did you see this section of the article?
The APPMA found in its National Pet Owners Survey that 27 percent of dog owners and 13 percent of cat owners buy their pets birthday presents, and 55 percent of dog owners and 37 percent of cat owners buy their pet holiday presents.

"I don't think I've ever bought my dog a gift where he's turned around and said, 'Oh thanks, anyway,' " Vetere said.

Huh. That's a dog for you.

Don't forget to check out the CNN pet photos.

Crash


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home